Chicken Zucchini Burgers (GF, DF, soy free)
You guys have been asking so I’m going to start sharing some recipes!
This Chicken Zucchini Burger recipe is from The Candida Diet & I was inspired to look at these recipes thanks to my friend Rochelle Okoye sharing her meal prep ideas 💛
Chicken Zucchini Burgers
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 397 kcal
Author: Lisa Richards
* 1 lb. chicken breasts (or ground chicken)
* 1 large zucchini (diced)
* 1 garlic clove (crushed)
* 2 spring onions (I used green onions) - finely chopped
* 3 Tbsp. ground almonds (I used more to form the meat)
* 1 tsp. smoked paprika
* Large handful fresh parsely
* Salt and pepper to taste (I use Himalayan salt) * 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
I also added:
2 Tbsp @flavorgod Cajun Seasoning
2 tsp Cumin
1. Place all of the ingredients apart from the oil into a food processor. (Because I used ground chicken, I used the @kitchenaid_ca stand mixer to combine it all)
2. Process until smooth and holding together.
3. Using oiled hands (to avoid sticking) form into 4 patties.
4. Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over a medium heat.
5. Cook the patties, 2 at a time in the pan, for around 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
*My own note: Double the recipe, separate with parchment or wax paper, bundle together (ie. if you need 2 patties for a meal, group them in 2’s), wrap in foil & store in a freezer safe container or ziplock bag.
Make sure to tag me when you make them!
Roop Bassra, RN
BSc Psychology, BSc Nursing